muslimgrower.com

Go Back   muslimgrower.com > welcome to muslimgrower > vegetable patch

Old 20th June 2017, 07:50 PM

saliha has a spectacular aura aboutsaliha has a spectacular aura aboutsaliha has a spectacular aura about

My tommies have became stronger and there are the first flowers too.
Old 20th June 2017, 08:57 PM
mali

Riz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of light

i pinched the flowers off and pinched off the lower leaves, i think they are the determinate variety so wont grow that large, i have a few bamboo canes around just incase !!!
Old 29th June 2017, 10:09 AM

saliha has a spectacular aura aboutsaliha has a spectacular aura aboutsaliha has a spectacular aura about

Cherry tomatoes:

Thatīs the most warm and sunny place in my garden. Unfortunately also quite windy. Few days ago strong wind broke the top from tomato on the left. Hopely it will make another top.

Last edited by saliha; 29th June 2017 at 10:02 PM.
Old 29th June 2017, 09:12 PM
mali

Riz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of lightRiz is a glorious beacon of light

looks good saliha

your ahead of me, i am really looking forward to my beefsteak tommies even though i have a few diff varieties...

do you feed them with anything or is it all natural, do you make compost tea?
Old 29th June 2017, 10:07 PM

They are growing in mixed compost soil and new soil, organic fertilizer and crushed egg shells. Later, when fruits start to grow, I will add some more fertilizer.
Old 1st July 2017, 05:27 PM

100&1000s tomato:

Money maker:

Totally I have 20 tomato plants in different parts of the garden, in the garden beds, frames and buckets.
Old 1st July 2017, 08:55 PM
mali

they look good
great idea growing in different parts of the garden...
Old 1st July 2017, 08:56 PM
mali

how often do you water the veg garden ?
Old 1st July 2017, 09:44 PM

If no rain but sunny and hot, then I water it daily. At the cloudy weather with garden hose maybe every second day. But I give extra watering to tommies and zucchinis every day.

I was thinking the grey mold I had at the last year with tomatoes and now make sure that plants are not too close together, so I could try to stop itīs spreading at this time if it will hit again.
Old 3rd July 2017, 08:27 PM
mali

great idea about spacing them out...

gave mine a good watering today, they have picked up a little, i think they suffered from transplant shock, but all looking good now..

Tags
100s and 1000s, beefsteak, big arthur, black zebra cherry tomato, cherry, moneymaker, tomato, tomatos